High precision German coverslips pre-treated, no coating, for cell culture and super resolution microscopy. 25mm diameter 0.170mm +/- 5um, 90 pieces, sterile, ready to use.
In Super Resolution imaging, the quality of the cover glass, in particular the compliance with the nominal thickness, has a crucial impact on the imaging quality. Variations of thickness reduce the image contrast and result in image defects, most notably in spherical aberration. This high-precision cover glasses with thickness No. 1.5H featuring an exceptionally accurate thickness of 170 μm ± 5 μm. This new generation of cover glasses are highly recommended for objectives with high numerical aperture and high resolution, for example:
- dry objectives: N.A. > 0.7
- objectives for water immersion: N.A. > 1.0
- objectives for glycerol immersion: N.A. > 1.2
- objectives for oil immersion: N.A. > 1.3
- made of chemically resistant borosilicate glass D 263® M of the first hydrolytic class
- absolutely colourless, perfectly clear, suitable for fluorescence microscopy
- in compliance with DIN ISO 8255
- thickness No. 1.5H (0.170 mm ± 0.005 mm)
- for super resolution microscopy in SIM, STED, SPDM, PTM, SOFI, etc.